Thursday, May 12, 2011

project update: thesis accepted!

Just a short note to say that on 29 April I submitted my final draft of my thesis, "How to Live?: The Oregon Extension as Experiment in Living, 1964-1980" to my advisers in the Simmons College History Department. This past Monday, 9 May, I gave a ten-minute presentation on the topic at the Spring Colloquium, where all of the graduating students in the MA History program present their work and there is feasting and celebration. Both of my advisers signed off on my thesis at the event, so I have it "on the record" that that chapter of the project is complete.

Look in the coming weeks for an online version of the presentation (what I've been referring to as the "teaser" for my thesis) as well as a downloadable PDF version of the full text.

In the months to come, I hope to carve out some time to begin transcribing the interviews themselves and processing the raw WMA audio files for web-friendly versions. Look for further updates in this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment